I planned on doing this earlier today but I was so exhausted from being up earlier than usual all week long, I couldn’t muster up the energy to type up my list until now. Yeah, a list of 9 things. I have to say though, this one was difficult to come up with because it’s hard to narrow it down to just 9 things!
1. My awesome family! I grew up in a family of 6 and I have a huge extended family. My siblings and parents are pretty much the best you could ask for. And the extended family is fantastic too.
2. My boyfriend. We have been dating for 6 years now, 4 of them long distance while in college. And he still puts up with me! Running related, he ran with me in my first 5k and helped me so that I ran the whole thing!
3. Our two dogs (a chocolate lab and a one-year-old Rottweiler). The chocolate lab dragged me along when I first started running. The Rottweiler is the cutest living thing on this entire planet. He can be wacky sometimes but seriously cute.
4. The RunKeeper app. One day, I was looking on my phone for what new apps I should get. Something made me click on the RunKeeper app. I picked one of the 5k training plans, went for my first run EVER, and haven’t looked back! I like tracking miles and times because it gives me a sense of accomplishment
5. My Move Nourish Believe Journal from Lorna Jane. It’s like a day planner/healthy living motivational guide rolled into one. I like to write down all my workouts in there, running or otherwise.
6. The color turquoise. My room is decorated with this color, my clothes tend to be in this color. I just love it.
7. Reading. I love love love a good book. I’ve been reading a lot of non-fiction the past couple years but I get hooked by a good story too.
8. Green Tea Lattes from Starbucks. Before I started liking coffee this was my go-to drink whenever I went to Starbucks. Now I’m obsessed.
9. Thunderstorms. Who doesn’t love a good thunderstorm? After a hot, humid summer day, the weather finally breaks and the sky opens up. Perfect for curling up inside with a good book. Not good for running but you can always work in a rest day every once in a while!
With that said, I am now going to curl up in my bed (another thing I love) after an exhausting week. I am going to sleep in until the last possible minute in the morning. And then I can even sleep in the next morning too. Woohoo!!!